The new year is upon us, which means we wipe the proverbial wrestling slate clean and start a fresh year. Here are 14 predictions for the year that lies ahead, in no particular order.
2) Bray Wyatt will emerge as a major player in WWE.
3) AJ Styles will re-sign with TNA Wrestling.
4) Stone Cold Steve Austin will appear on WWE programming at some point.
5) WWE will launch its 24-7 network.
6) Goldust and Cody Rhodes will face each other at WrestleMania.
7) Bully Ray will continue to be the most dynamic heel in professional wrestling.
8) The Shield will dissolve, with each member becoming a successful singles competitor, but none bigger than Roman Reigns.
9) Daniel Bryan will finally get what he deserves, a legit run as WWE World Heavyweight champ.
10) Macho Man Randy Savage will be posthumously inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame by his brother, Lanny Poffo.
11) The Intercontinental title will be restored to its previous importance and glory.
12) CM Punk will win the Royal Rumble.
13) Hulk Hogan will return to WWE in some capacity that isn’t wrestling.
14) We haven’t heard the last of Jeff Jarrett in the world of pro wrestling.