Justin’s 2016 Predictions:
1) NXT will split into two distinct brands; one using established independent wrestlers (such as Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Hideo Itami, Apollo Crews and Finn Balor) along with “graduated” developmental talent (such as Baron Corbin, Jason Jordan, Chad Gable, etc), and the second for the beginners class of talent not yet ready for a national (or international) spotlight to be shone on them.
2) The WWE Network will have its first price increase, after WrestleMania, increasing to $11.99 for new subscribers. Existing subscribers will maintain their $9.99 subscription price for the 12 months that follow WrestleMania.
3) WWE will begin to see the value in splitting the main roster brands again, establishing RAW and Smackdown as separate rosters following SummerSlam 2016.
4) TNA Wrestling will find its footing on POP TV, and excel, leading to the most successful year in company history.
5) Bill Goldberg will resurface on the national level in a major way.
Tyler’s 2016 Predictions:
1) Injuries will force WWE to rethink their attitude towards the physical health of their talent. Possible fixes may include limiting numbers of house shows, incorporating a rotating talent roster (having talent grouped together and offered different months off during the year), offering more limited-appearance contracts to older members of the roster, or the return of the brand split.
2) Brock Lesnar will win the 2016 Royal Rumble.
3) Owen Hart will be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
4) John Cena will win his 16th World Title in 2016 (16 in ’16)
5) Sasha Banks will become the focal point of the Divas division.
Jan’s 2016 Predictions
1) The Undertaker will retire at WrestleMania.
2) Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn and Finn Balor will all join the WWE’s main roster.
3) Bobby Roode and Eric Young will leave TNA to join WWE.
4) Dean Ambrose will emerge as a major player and a main eventer.
5) Jim Ross will return to call at match at WrestleMania.