Editors note: Last year, Jan and I combined our predictions into one amalgamated column. This year, we’re going to present it a little bit differently. This year, Tyler, Jan and I have come up with our own separate predictions (five each), and we will examine them again this time next year. So, without further ado, here’s how we, the Chinlock.com writing staff foresee the 2015 year of professional wrestling.
1) Kevin Steen (aka NXT superstar Kevin Owens) will emerge as a top-end talent on the main WWE roster before the end of 2015.
2) The Undertaker will retire from active wrestling.
3) Tommy Dreamer’s House of Hardcore will land a television deal.
4) The WWE will shake up its announce team.
5) Arda Ocal (aka WWE TV Announcer Kyle Edwards) will become a more central part of the behind-the-scenes WWE crew.
Bonus: 6) The Rock will return to the WWE for another run.
1) The WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2015 inductees will include ‘Macho Man’ Randy Savage, and the Undertaker.
2) Charlotte, Sami Zayn, Adrian Neville, and Finn Balor will be called up to the main roster. Finn Balor will be the most successful call-up.
3) Seth Rollins will cash in his Money in the Bank championship match contract at either the Royal Rumble or Wrestlemania.
4) Bray Wyatt will be pushed as the next Undertaker.
5) Miz and Mizdow will break up, and Sandow will get a decent mid-card push (potentially winning the Intercontinental Championship).
1) The WWE Network will break one million active subscribers.
2) There will be a renewed focus on smaller, and faster wrestlers, leading to the resurrection of the Cruiserweight Division.
3) Brock Lesnar will retain the WWE World Heavyweight Championship until the post-WrestleMania season.
4) JBL will leave the RAW broadcast team.
5) John Cena will take considerable time away from the ring to focus on outside interests, and heal nagging injuries.
So there you have it! That’s how the Chinlock.com staff see the 2015 year in professional wrestling! What do you think? Do you agree, or disagree? Do you have some predictions of your own? We’d love some chatter on our social media pages! Hit us up on Facebook at www.facebook.com/chinlockdotcom or on Twitter at www.twitter.com/Chinlock!